Get a Better Smile. Call to Schedule Your Appointment.248-712-1522
If you’ve been living with crooked teeth because you don’t like the idea of a mouthful of metal, you might be surprised to find you can get a straighter smile with Invisalign®. This orthodontic system uses a series of clear plastic aligners instead of wires and brackets. The aligners are so discreet, chances are no one will even know you’re wearing them!Dr. Alvin Daboul on Invisalign Read Transcript
It's really changing the way we do dentistry for adults. Now, it's also great for teens. Especially for teens, because when you wear wires and brackets from braces, it's hard to floss and brush and maybe they just won't do it. And then they end up with cavities on those teeth or these little white spots all over their teeth. So Invisalign® is great 'cause you just take the tray off, you eat, you brush or rinse your teeth, you put it back on. You're not worried about food getting stuck in there.
But for adults, it's a game changer. Most adults, problems with their teeth come from malocclusion. When your teeth aren't aligned properly, you end up with periodontal disease, which is gum disease. You end up with cracked teeth because your teeth are hitting awkward and they're not meant to do that. You end up with TMJ or jaw problems. If you have crowns or bridges or fillings or root canals in your mouth, those don't last as long when you have a malocclusion because they don't hit well.
So now we can treat adults because adults don't wanna wear wires and they don't wanna go through two years of orthodontics. Invisalign® can straighten your teeth in six to eight months with clear retainers, get your teeth back to normal, and looking good. It could be for cosmetic reasons, for pain reasons, for gum treatment. And when I say it's changed the way we do dentistry now, because we focus on the occlusion, which is the bite of your teeth. And all the other dentistry gets circled around that. And it's a great solution to straighten your teeth.
In addition, Invisalign® aligners are:
- Comfortable. With no wires or brackets, Invisalign® aligners are less likely to irritate your mouth.
- Removable. You can take out your aligners, which means you can eat without worrying about getting food stuck in braces. And it’s easier to brush and floss, too.
- Work faster than braces. The average Invisalign® treatment time for adults is 12 months, which is quicker than treatment with metal braces.
- Predictable. Our Royal Oak, MI orthodontists and dentists carefully plan your treatment using special software. You’ll know exactly how long your treatment will take, provided you wear your aligners as instructed.
Invisalign® isn’t right for every smile, of course. We offer treatment with traditional braces too. Our two board-certified orthodontists, Dr. Edward Essayan and Dr. Gerald Wesley, can help you determine which option is best for your situation. Braces often work best for younger mouths and for more complex alignment issues.
Get Answers to Your Questions
We’re happy to discuss Invisalign® orthodontic treatment with you any time. We’ve also provided answers here for some of the Invisalign® questions we hear often.
- How does it work? Our dentists design your treatment plan using photos, digital impressions, and other measurements. A special lab manufactures custom Invisalign® aligners for you. You switch aligners every two weeks, and they will gently shift your teeth into the correct alignment.
- Can I remove my aligners any time I want? But you risk lengthening your treatment time if you don’t consistently wear your Invisalign® aligners for at least 22 hours a day.
- Is Invisalign® orthodontic treatment for me? We won’t recommend Invisalign® for anyone who still has primary teeth, but it can be used by teenagers or adults. Teeth that are severely misaligned or have more complicated bite issues may respond better to braces. The best way to find out if it’s right for you is to schedule a free consultation with one of our Royal Oak, MI orthodontists.
Your Family Gets Great Orthodontic Care Regardless of Your Choice
There’s no need to fret if our orthodontists recommend traditional braces for you. They’re far more comfortable and effective than they used to be, thanks to improvements like:
- Smaller brackets and wires
- Metals that last longer and require fewer adjustments
- Inconspicuous options like clear ceramic braces that use clear or tooth-colored brackets and wires
Compared to newer options for straightening smiles, traditional braces are appropriate for all ages. They’re also more versatile, with the ability to fix a wide range of orthodontic issues, and have a longer track record of success.
To meet with our orthodontists for a free Invisalign® consultation or to schedule your first orthodontic appointment at North Oaks Dental, call 248-712-1522. Our orthodontists offer free second opinions too! And if you choose Invisalign®, you can begin your treatment with a $500 down payment.