At some point, many people will need wisdom teeth removal in Royal Oak to prevent these molars from causing problems with their other teeth. Dr. Alvin Daboul and his team at North Oaks Dental are experts at removing wisdom teeth comfortably and conveniently for our patients. Our years of experience mean we can do the same for you.Comfortable accurate care Read Transcript
So wisdom teeth are a very common thing that people have to get removed out of their mouth. The reason being is there's just not enough room in the back of the jaw for them to grow in straight. So what happens is sometimes they just poke out a little bit of your gum, and it creates a bacteria trap where you get this inflammation around there and a bad swelling.
Sometimes the wisdom tooth can grow in sideways and put a hole in the tooth next to it. Or sometimes it can just get decayed and cause pain. So it's really important to getting an evaluation to see if you need them removed.
We have a great percentage of patients that end up keeping their wisdom teeth because they grow in and they can keep them clean, and they're not causing any trouble. However, if you need your wisdom teeth removed, then what we do here at North Oaks Dental is I do the wisdom teeth removal. We do it under IV sedation, so you're very comfortable. You're basically, you're dozed off. Don't remember any of the appointment.
But before we even do it, we do a 3D scan of your mouth. And this makes the extraction way simpler, easier procedure and quicker, which means much easier healing and less discomfort after.
So if you think you need an evaluation for your wisdom teeth, or you're having some pain in the back of your jaw, then give us a call, come on in, and let us do an evaluation to see if you need your wisdom teeth removed.
Here are some of the many reasons we’re a great choice for removing your wisdom teeth:
- Advanced Technology – We have intraoral cameras and 3D X-ray imaging to ensure precise diagnosis, treatment, and results for your smile.
- Anesthesia and Sedation Options – Get local anesthesia to relieve pain, and choose from oral sedation (pill), laughing gas, and IV sedation for relaxation.
- Trained, Experienced Staff – We are experts at safe, comfortable wisdom teeth removal. In fact, many dentists refer their own patients to us to have their wisdom teeth removed!
If you think you or your teenager might need wisdom teeth removal, call our office today and schedule a consultation: 248-220-7021. Prevent future problems now and preserve your smile!
Find the Wisdom Teeth Help You Need Without Seeing a Specialist
Wisdom teeth usually begin appearing between the ages of 17 and 21. For many people, incoming wisdom teeth pose no problems at all. However, a number of issues can occur with them, including:
- Impaction – Wisdom teeth are sometimes impacted, or trapped in your jaw or under your gums. The result can be damage to the roots of other teeth or even to your jawbone.
- Crowding – If there is not enough room for your wisdom teeth to come through comfortably, they can damage other teeth and cause alignment problems.
- Partial Impaction/Appearance – Sometimes wisdom teeth don’t fully emerge. This leaves room for bacteria to grow and cause infection, pain, and stiffness in your jaw.
- Incorrect Position – Wisdom teeth that don’t come in straight create spaces for food to get trapped, increasing the chances for bacteria growth and tooth decay.
Don’t let wisdom teeth problems damage your smile. Call North Oaks Dental at 248-220-7021 today to find out if you need wisdom teeth removal in Royal Oak. You can also make an appointment .