No matter how diligently you care for your teeth, just about everyone gets a cavity at some point. Fortunately, your dentist can easily take care of dental decay with Royal Oak tooth fillings. There are many benefits of getting a filling here:Prevent something major Read Transcript
So one of the most common things that happen in a dental office is dental fillings. Usually when you're coming in for routine cleanings, do the X-rays like once a year or once every other year depending on your situation, we'll find in those X-rays cavities between your teeth developing, or they can develop on the grooves of your teeth.
Composite material, a nice white filling, is a great way to stop that decade before it turns into something more serious. So a dental filling is really a preventative method of avoiding crowns, avoiding root canals, avoiding extractions or dental implants. So if you need dental fillings or you just haven't had a checkup in a while, you won't really have pain, knowing you have a dental filling until it gets to the point where when you're in pain, you need much more serious service. So make sure you get a routine checkup, make sure you come in and let us screen you to see if you need a dental filling because it's the simplest and easiest way to prevent anything major.
- We’ll get rid of all the decay before damage becomes more severe.
- If your tooth is hurting, we’ll get you out of pain.
- The tooth filling procedure typically takes less than an hour.
- The cost is usually covered by insurance.
- We’ll keep your smile looking good by using tooth-colored composite.
Think you have a cavity? Call North Oaks Dental at 248-220-7021. If you’re in pain, we can see you the same day for emergency care.
Tooth-Colored Composite Keeps More of Your Tooth Intact
Our dentists use composite resin for your tooth filling procedure because they can match it to your tooth color. You won’t have any gray spots showing when you smile! In addition, composite resin:
- Requires less modification of your teeth, so more of your tooth structure stays intact
- Keeps your tooth stronger since it won’t expand over time as amalgam (metal) fillings often do
- Usually lasts at least five years
- Can be used in areas where other materials simply won’t work, such as front surfaces or edges of teeth
Technology Helps Us See Cavities For Early Treatment
The first step in treating a cavity is finding it. Our dentists use advanced technology like intraoral cameras to locate them in their earliest stages when they are easiest to treat. With an intraoral camera, our dentists can get a good look at even the most hidden places in your mouth. They can also show you what they find by sharing images with you on a monitor.
Our dentists are so confident in the look and performance of our Royal Oak tooth fillings that they offer a two-year guarantee for new composite fillings. Call us at North Oaks Dental at 248-220-7021 to book your dental exam. You can also make an appointment . If we find a cavity, we’ll take care of it!