At North Oaks Dental, keeping you comfortable for every procedure is a priority. You likely won’t feel a thing, thanks to our careful administration of local anesthesia. But if you’re nervous or otherwise concerned about discomfort, your dentist can also offer you sedation options in Royal Oak.Feel comfortable with calm care Read Transcript
Dental anxiety is something very, very common, and we see it throughout the whole community. We do a wonderful job at helping patients get through their dental anxiety. We do offer IV sedation, where you can be put to sleep, but a lot of patients don't even elect that. A lot of patients just come in, they get to know the staff, the staff makes them feel comfortable. We find out exactly what happened to them in the past, and make sure we change things for them and calm them. Sometimes a patient needs to be told every step of the way to give her the anxiety. Sometimes the patient doesn't want to be told anything. So for every patient, it's different. You don't have just a cookie-cutter way to help a patient's anxiety. You got to find out where that patient's anxiety is coming from, and then you tailor the process of the treatment for them so they can get through the treatment well. And that's the best way of helping somebody who's anxious at the dentist's.
So if you haven't been to the dentist in a while, and fear of going to the dentist is keeping you away, then give us a call and give us a chance to help you see that it could be different, and help you get on the road to health again.
Unlike most general dentists, you can choose from three different types of sedation, all of which provide a different level of relaxation to help you:
- Lie back comfortably while we work
- Relax and keep your stress level low
- Reduce your anxiety about future dental work
Your dentist can help you determine which form of sedation dentistry will work best for you given your anxiety level, the procedures that will be performed, your medical history, and other factors. No matter which type of sedation you choose, our caring staff will monitor you throughout your entire procedure.
To see how we’ll keep you comfortable with our sedation options, call North Oaks Dental at 248-220-7021.
We’ll Help You Decide on the Sedation That’s Right For You
From laughing gas, our lightest form of sedation dentistry, to IV sedation, which produces a sleeplike state, each of our sedation options offers different benefits:
- Laughing Gas – This sedation option is safe enough for children. It’s given through a small mask you wear over your nose and produces a mild euphoria. It takes effect quickly and wears off quickly too, so you can even drive yourself home afterward. Our dentists can easily give you more or less as needed during your procedure.
- Oral Sedation – You can take prescribed medication before your appointment so you arrive already relaxed and stay that way. You’ll remain completely aware, so you can respond to questions or other communications. The effect lasts for about two hours, and you’ll feel groggy afterward.
- IV Sedation – This form of sedation is administered intravenously and induces a deep relaxation. It enters your bloodstream, so it takes effect quickly. If you need more or less sedation, our dentists can adjust the amount you receive during your procedure. It may leave you less groggy than oral sedation.
Dental Sedation Helps You Get the Healthy Smile You Deserve
While anxiety is the most obvious reason to use dental sedation, it isn’t the only one. It’s also helpful if you’re undergoing a lengthy procedure or multiple procedures in a single visit. You’ll stay relaxed, so it will be easier for our dentists to get everything done. Other situations where you may want to consider sedation:
- To control a strong gag reflex
- If you’ve ever experienced difficulty getting numb with local anesthesia
- If you’re getting teeth removed or another type of oral surgery
Sedation is a great option for any patient, and we are happy to accommodate individuals with disabilities as well. Our goal is to make dental care as comfortable as possible for anyone who visits our office.
Whether you’re feeling anxious about your appointment or think you’ll have trouble staying still for a lengthy procedure, Royal Oak sedation options can help! Call North Oaks Dental at 248-220-7021. You can also make an appointment . In addition to Royal Oak, MI, our patients come from nearby communities like Madison Heights, Ferndale, and Troy.