Maintain Your Straight Smile248-712-1522
Once you get your hair styled the way you like it, you need regular trims to keep it looking great. You’ll also require regular maintenance to keep your smile straight after you’ve completed orthodontic treatment. Protect the investment you made in your smile with retainers in Royal Oak!
Wearing a retainer will:
- Prevent your teeth from shifting out of place
- Avoid the added hassle and expense of more orthodontic work
- Make it easy to maintain your beautiful results
As with all aspects of orthodontics, we think you receive the best care from a specialist. That’s why we have two orthodontists at North Oaks Dental. Call 248-712-1522 today to schedule a free consultation with one of them.
Our Orthodontists Will Advise You On The Right Retainer
There are various retainer options. Our team will help you select the one that is best suited to your smile. The two basic types are:
- Fixed – This type of retainer is placed and can only be removed by an orthodontist. They’re a great choice for patients who might be tempted not to follow the recommended schedule for wearing a removable retainer. Since they are bonded to the tongue side of your teeth, they aren’t visible to others.
- Removable – There are several different types of removable retainers, including virtually invisible clear trays.
Keep Your Retainer In Great Shape With Proper Care
Good oral hygiene, including daily brushing and flossing, is the best way to keep a fixed retainer in good condition. To get years of wear out of a removable retainer, you should:
- Never put a retainer in your purse or pocket without a protective case; when it’s not in your mouth, it should always be in a case
- Keep retainers out of direct sunlight and don’t expose them to high temperatures, such as in a hot vehicle
- Clean your retainer every day with non-abrasive toothpaste and a soft-bristled brush
- Bring your retainer with you to dental exams so we can make sure they are in good shape
For retainers in Royal Oak, call North Oaks Dental at 248-712-1522.