Your dentist at North Oaks Dental uses the most advanced technologies and techniques to keep your dental care effective and comfortable. One example is the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique, a gum recession treatment in Royal Oak that is quicker and less complicated than a gum graft.Dr. Alvin Daboul on Gum Recession Treatment Read Transcript
Gum recession is very evident in many adults. In the past as dentists, we use to look at gum recession and tell you, Stop brushing so hard. Most gum recession is not caused from over brushing, it's usually caused from a malocclusion. The way your teeth come together, when they're angled and they hit on a certain angle, your gums start to recede. In past we just kinda watched it because it wasn't a good procedure to fix it. We used to have to take the tissue from the palate of your mouth and cut your gum, and put a whole bunch of stitches. Now we have a technique invented by Dr. Chao in California, it's called Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation. I'm one of 10 to 15 Dentists in Michigan who can do it. It's a wonderful Pinhole Procedure where there's no scalpel, no stitches, very minimal healing and within one appointment you get your gums back to where they should be.
With this treatment, your dentist will:
- Reduce sensitivity caused by exposed tooth roots
- Give your gums a more attractive and healthier appearance
- Make your teeth less prone to decay and other dental problems caused by receding gums
If you have receding gums and want to find out how the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique can restore them, call North Oaks Dental at 248-220-7021.
Get a Minimally Invasive Treatment to Restore Receding Gums
While a gum graft has been the usual method for repairing receding gums, an innovative procedure called the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique offers numerous advantages over a graft. It is:
- Minimally Invasive – A gum graft involves removing soft tissue from elsewhere in your mouth or using donor tissue. With the Pinhole® technique, our dentist uses only your existing gum tissue.
- Quicker – It takes at least an hour to perform a gum graft involving only a few teeth. In the same amount of time, our dentists can treat your entire gumline.
- More Comfortable – No scalpel, sutures, or stitches are necessary for this gingival recession treatment. Your dentist makes a tiny pinhole in your gums, then gently manipulates your tissue to cover your tooth roots.
- Easier to Recover From – Because there is no cutting or stitching, your recovery will be fast and painless.
Stay Relaxed With Sedation & Communication
Your dentist will expertly numb your mouth with local anesthesia. You can also get dental sedation – inhaled sedation, oral sedation, or IV sedation – to keep you relaxed throughout the procedure. We can schedule a longer appointment for you if you’re more comfortable taking the procedure at a slower pace. Your dentist will keep you informed of what is happening the entire time if you’d like to know exactly what to expect.
If you’re interested in gum recession treatment in Royal Oak, call North Oaks Dental at 248-220-7021. You can also make an appointment .