Call Today to Learn More About Getting Healthy Gums!248-712-1522
Our Royal Oak, MI dentists use the most advanced technologies and techniques to keep your dental care effective and comfortable. One example is the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique, a gum recession treatment that is quicker and less complicated than a gum graft.Dr. Alvin Daboul on Gum Recession Treatment Read Transcript
With this treatment, our dentists will:
- Reduce sensitivity caused by exposed tooth roots
- Give your gums a more attractive and healthier appearance
- Make your teeth less prone to decay and other dental problems that are caused by receding gums
If you think you have receding gums and want to find out more about the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique, call North Oaks Dental at 248-712-1522.
Get a Minimally Invasive Receding Gums Treatment
While a gum graft has been the usual method for repairing receding gums, an innovative procedure called the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique offers numerous advantages over a graft. Compared to a graft, it is:
- Minimally invasive. A gum graft involves removing soft tissue from elsewhere in your mouth or using donor tissue. With the Pinhole® technique, our dentist uses only your existing gum tissue.
- Quicker. It takes at least an hour to perform a gum graft involving only a few teeth. In the same amount of time, our dentists can treat your entire gumline.
- More comfortable. No scalpel, sutures, or stitches are necessary for this gingival recession treatment. Our dentist makes a tiny pinhole in your gums, then gently manipulates your tissue to cover your tooth roots.
- Easier to recover. Because there is no cutting or stitching, your recovery will be fast and painless.
Stay Relaxed With Sedation and Communication
Our dentists will expertly numb your mouth with local anesthesia. You can also get dental sedation – inhaled sedation, oral sedation, or IV sedation – to keep you relaxed throughout the procedure. We can schedule a longer appointment for you if you’re more comfortable taking the procedure at a slower pace. Your dentist will keep you informed of what is happening the entire time, so you know exactly what to expect.
If you’re interested in gum recession treatment, call North Oaks Dental at 248-712-1522.