Call Today for Treatments That Keep Your Smile Healthy from the Gums Up!248-712-1522
Without healthy gums, you can’t have healthy teeth! Gums are the support structure that keep your teeth in place. Unhealthy gums have even been linked to health conditions such as low birth weight in babies, diabetes, and heart disease. Because of this, our Royal Oak, MI dentists and staff take gum disease treatment very seriously.Dr. Alvin Daboul on Gum Disease Treatment Read Transcript
So treating it is very important. We do scaling with our hygienists. Deep scaling. We use this numbing gel that goes on your cheeks to help you get it done. There's medications we can put in your gums. There's laser techniques that we have that can help you. And everyone has little different situation, so we'll find out what yours is and help you treat it to keep your mouth and your body healthy.
- Make your gums look and feel better
- Help keep your teeth intact
- Eliminate related dental issues such as chronic bad breath
- Boost your overall health by ridding your mouth of the bacteria that contributes to other problems
Concerned about your gum health? Call North Oaks Dental at 248-712-1522.
Laser Keeps Your Treatment Comfortable
Our dentists use the latest dental technology so your care is as quick, comfortable, and effective as possible. For gum disease treatment, that means using a PerioLase laser. Laser gum treatment makes scaling and root planing quicker and more comfortable for you. And if your gum disease has advanced to the point where we need to remove inflamed gum tissue, a laser:
- Effectively targets diseased gum tissue without affecting healthy tissue
- Works quickly and with minimal discomfort
- Removes the need for cutting or sutures
- Cauterizes tissue as our dentist works, which makes infection unlikely and promotes faster healing
- Often reduces cost of treatment
Because the laser makes your treatment so quick and gentle, local anesthesia is likely all you’ll need. But if you’re nervous about the procedure or have sensitive gums and/or teeth, you can get dental sedation. Unlike many general dentists, we offer three types: laughing gas”, oral sedation, and IV sedation.
To find out more about gum disease treatment, call our Royal Oak, MI dental office at 248-712-1522. In addition to Royal Oak, North Oaks Dental serves nearby communities like Troy, Huntington Woods, Madison Heights, and Southfield.