Do you have crooked teeth but don’t want to deal with the hassle of traditional braces? There is another option for you: Invisalign. Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign uses no metal brackets or wires. Patients also love the treatment because it’s virtually invisible and blends in perfectly with your smile.
At North Oaks Dental, we love helping patients overcome alignment problems. We recently started a new program #InvisalignConfessions. Use this hashtag on social media to share your Invisalign store. Give us a call today at 248-712-1522 to book your visit.
Who Needs Invisalign
Invisalign is a great solution for patients with mildly crooked teeth. Braces are generally the go-to treatment for younger patients or those who have significant alignment or bite issues. Of course, not everyone has substantial dental problem. Many of us have a few crooked teeth and don’t need to wear metal braces to correct the problem. Additionally, most older teens and working professionals want an orthodontic option that doesn’t stick out like a sore thumb.
Not Wearing Trays With Lengthen Treatment
The luxury of Invisalign is that you can remove the trays so you can eat whatever you want and properly clean your teeth. We recommend that you wear Invisalign trays for about 20 hours a day. If you’re not wearing the trays as instructed, you’ll extend your treatment, or the teeth will move around. A typical Invisalign treatment lasts anywhere from 12 to 18 months, but some patients finish their treatment in less time.
Many of our Invisalign patients have had traditional orthodontics earlier in their life, but their teeth moved around. The thing with orthodontics is that teeth will move around if you do not wear a retainer. Unfortunately, many children and teens who undergo orthodontics do not wear their retainers after treatment. Some patients have no problem with their teeth, but others see their teeth shift around.
What Patients Think About Invisalign
Invisalign is known for being user-friendly. That’s true, but we also want patients to be honest about their treatments. That’s why we’re asking patients to write us about their Invisalign treatments. You can do that today by using the hashtag #InvisalignConfessions on social media. Here are some things most dentists may not tell you about Invisalign:
- The trays may be tight — When you first start the treatment, the trays can be tight on your teeth. This may cause a little discomfort, but most patients get used to the trays within a few days.
- You can hear the trays — While the Invisalign trays are invisible, some patients develop a lisp. The lisp usually gets better with time, as people get used to the procedures.
- The trays can stain — The trays are invisible and made from plastic, so they can stain. Some patients find that they have to limit their intake of tea, red wine, or coffee.
- You’ll have new trays every two weeks — Instead of having a wire tightenings every few weeks, we’ll send you new trays about once every two weeks. You can even use your final tray as a retainer.
- You might eat less — Some Invisalign patients report losing weight because they reduce the amount of food and snacking. The reason is because you need to remove the trays every time you have a meal or a snack. And it’s recommend that you brush your teeth after every meal and before popping in your Invisalign treatment.
- Use a travel toothbrush — Similar to having braces, it’s recommended to have a travel toothbrush on you at all times. If you’re not brushing your teeth regularly, you put yourself at a higher risk of issues like tooth decay or gum disease.
You can call North Oaks Dental to set up your Invisalign consultation. We have two qualified orthodontists in house to assess your dental needs and then set up your treatment. We offer free second opinions, and you can start your treatment today with a down payment of just $500!
North Oaks Dental is here to give you a functional and beautiful smile. Give us a call today at 248-712-1522 to book your visit.