Dr. Daboul graduated from the University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry, not too far from our dentist office. Not long after beginning his dental career, he knew he would like to give back to his community.Image Title: youtube thumbnail - CkNZFJfSEfg Dr. Alvin Daboul on Community Involvement Read Transcript
Community involvement is very important to me and my staff. It started out with me saying we've got to give back to the community. We've got to give back to the community, get involved in the things that are going around in the city. Once we got started with it, the staff got very involved and very excited with it. So, they're the ones always finding events for us to be involved in, sponsorships that we can do. I do a lot of lectures with different communities. I'll lecture with the senior center, I'll lecture at the club and just educate the community on subjects that they're not aware of or just stuff that they want a little more information on.
We're gonna continue doing that and it brings a lot of joy to us. It gives us a chance to give back to the community that we're serving our patients in.
At North Oaks Dental, we view our community as just an extension of our family. So whether we’re supplying goodie bags for the homeless or donating teeth cleanings for a high school raffle, we always want to give back to the community that has been so good to us.
For example, we’ve partnered with an organization called Teen Clean Closet to donate toothbrushes, toothpaste, and other dental hygiene items to local young people whose families are in need. It is important to care for your teeth at all ages, but young adults especially benefit from having beautiful, healthy smiles.
Below are some other examples of our community sponsorship:
- Huntington Woods Fire Department
- Vista Maria’s Dolly Drive
- Friends of Foster Kids
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service
- American Cancer Society Walk/Run
As his practice has grown, Dr. Daboul’s desire has always been to create a giving, caring environment people would want to be part of. Over the years, he has built a staff with the same kind of foundational values. In fact, these values have become our practice’s motto: “Our Family, Caring for Yours.”
Trust your smile to a caring, community-driven dentist. Call North Oaks Dental today at 248-220-7021 for an appointment, and help us support our Royal Oaks community involvement.
November 2019 Involvement
North Oaks Dental is beginning a brand new effort to serve our community. It is called Donate A Smile, and we need YOUR help!
Each quarter, we will select a deserving person in our community who needs significant dental work but who cannot afford it on their own. Our very first participant is Benjamin. Benjamin is hoping to have an awesome smile before he proposes to her girlfriend of two years, Jen. Together they have three children (13, 6, and 5 years of age). Benjamin works hard to provide for their family and doesn’t have the extra $11,752 to repair his smile ahead of their special day.
North Oaks Dental is willing to match any donation 100 percent! We are looking to raise $5,876 so that we can make Benjamin’s dream come true. Please consider joining us in this very special event. You can make a secure donation online or stop by the office.
October 2019 Involvement
Bring in your unopened candies for a chance to win a prize!
Get a raffle ticket for every pound of unopened candy you donate and be entered to win a new bike! In addition, you’ll receive a goodie bag!
All candies collected will be shipped to our troops overseas via Operation Gratitude. Stop in anytime during normal business hours November 1st through November 15th to drop off your candy donation.
February 2019 Involvement
This February, we are going to be in schools helping kids understand the importance of great oral health. We are partnering with
America’s Toothfairy and Teen Clean Closet to bring free oral hygiene products to more than 3,000 students throughout Metro Detroit. We’ll be presenting fun and engaging information about:
- The difference between a dentist & hygienist
- Sugar bugs
- The instruments used at the dental office
- How many teeth kids have now and when they grow up
- The names of their teeth
- How many times to brush and floss
- Best ways to brush and floss
- The difference between plaque and tartar
- Healthy food choices
- Fun experiments and more!
You can be a Tooth Fairy, too! In addition to our contribution, we will be collecting toothbrushes, floss, paste, and rinse. Stop in to donate today or visit this link to make a monetary donation.
December 2018 Involvement
December 7th through December 14th, Dr. Daboul and his team at North Oaks Dental is hosting a Toy Drive to benefit Children’s Hospital of Michigan’s annual holiday event, Snowpile. Snowpile offers families the opportunity to enjoy a special holiday space and they get to choose gifts for all the children in their family. This amazing event is the highlight of our holiday season and impacts many, many patients and families, helping to create special memories during a special time of year.
Please see the recommended wishlist items here.
November 2018 Involvement
Nov. 11: Are you a Veteran? Know someone who is? North Oaks Dental is offering a FREE EXAM & X-RAYS to any Veterans that calls to schedule an appointment on Veteran’s Day! Our Veterans can schedule their appointment for any day that is convenient for them but they will need to call on Veterans’ day to schedule their appointment.
2018 Celebrate Ferndale: Join us for an exceptional evening to honor Ferndale area businesses, owners, entrepreneurs, and their staff. This is the Chamber event of the year. There will be food from the best local restaurants, local entertainment, a silent auction, and opportunities to mingle with dignitaries, business leaders, and active community members. North Oaks Dental will be donating a Zoom Teeth Whitening basket valued at $500 for the auction!
Please join us at the 8th Brave Knight benefit for pediatric brain tumor research on Saturday, November 10th at The Townsend Hotel in Birmingham, Mich. Guests will enjoy a champagne reception, seated dinner, hosted bar, silent auction, live auction, raffle prizes, and dancing. Cocktail attire is recommended. North Oaks Dental will be donating a Zoom Teeth Whitening basket valued at $500 for the auction!
Proceeds from the evening will fund research at the Chad Carr Pediatric Brain Tumor Center at University of Michigan, as well as grants approved by the Medical Advisory Council of the DIPG Collaborative.
–Mistletoe Marketplace Fundraiser: Looking for a meaningful way to help make a difference for children and adults in our communities? Join us a the Mistletoe Marketplace Fundraiser. Last year, funds raised from nearly 800 guests and contributors helped to provide 20,000 infants, children, and adults with clothing, food, educational support, and basic necessities.
North Oaks is sponsoring this event as well as donating a Zoom teeth Whitening basket values at $500 for the raffle.
October 2018 Involvement
Bring the entire family to a Halloween Trunk or Treat Open House on October 13th. All activities are free! Join us for a trunk or treat, games, bounce house, family photo booth, face painting, crafts, food, cider, and more! Come anytime between 1:30-4:30 right here at the dental office!
Dr. Daboul’s next implant seminar will be on October 16th at 6:00 pm. This is a great opportunity to find out if a dental implant could be the solution to your missing tooth or loose denture! Attend and receive a copy of Dr. Daboul’s dental implant book, a 3D CT scan, a digital impression, and a full treatment workup. This is valued at $399, and you receive it all just by attending the seminar! We hope to see you there.
September 2018 Involvement
We are happy to be sponsoring the Royal Oak Public Library children’s program, The Stuffed Animal Sleepover! Kids get to bring their favorite stuffed animals to the library for a fun sleepover. They will make crafts, wear their pjs, and of course, leave their animals at the library overnight! Before they leave them for the night, the animals need to “brush” their teeth, and then the kids will put them to bed. North Oaks Dental will be providing the toothbrushes for this fun program!
Join us as we support Gilda’s Club, Metro Detroit on September 15, 2018 for their annual Gilda’s Family Walk & 5K Run, a beautiful route through Royal Oak that will have a special stop along the way – Gilda’s Club! We are excited to sponsor this amazing event.
We are happy to say that we are standing up against cancer by sponsoring the 2018 Relay For Life. This is the signature fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. Volunteers give of their time and effort because they believe it’s time to take action against cancer, and so do we.
Join us and the Royal Oak Chamber of Commerce – Business Women’s Network Luncheon on September 19th. Dr. Daboul will be joining a panel discussion about why you should get involved with community outreach and how it can help your business. Michael Gordon, President of the Royal Oak Chamber, will moderate. Click here to register and bring some friends!
June 2018 Involvement
Join us this Wednesday at the Detroit PBS Kids Club Live event at the Royal Oak Farmer’s Market!
Bring the whole family for a day of fun with your favorite PBS friends & North Oaks Dental!
We will be giving aways kid’s goodie bags that include dental items and info about our Kid’s Club and how kids can win a free bicycle just for brushing their teeth!
Come out to the Southfield Family Fun & Safety Night at the Southfield Municipal Complex front lawn, 26000 Evergreen Road. Admission is free! Stop by the North Oaks Dental booth to check out our kid’s dental station where they can play dentist using our playdough dentist set! Don’t forget to pick up your goodie bags that includes our Kid’s Club Info!
May 2018 Involvement
Join our Kid’s Club for a chance to win a NEW BICYCLE!!
Stop in to pick up your FREE kid’s dental pack (includes, brushing chart, toothbrush, paste, floss, dental goodies, education, activity sheets, stickers and more.)
We focus on preventative care and education so that your kids have a healthy smile for a lifetime!
Have your child fill out the chart each morning and night when they brush. Bring in their chart at the end of the month in exchange for a raffle ticket. Your child will be entered into a drawing to win a NEW BICYCLE! Winners will be announced on Friday, June 1st. (Brushing charts must be turned in by 5/31/2018 for a chance to win.) Good luck!
April 2018 Involvement
April is Oral Cancer Awareness Month – In honor of Oral Cancer Awareness Month, North Oaks Dental will be offering free oral cancer screenings during the month of April. Oral cancer is not a rare disease. Approximately 49,750 people will be diagnosed with oral cancer every year in the US. It kills one person every hour of every day, and approximately 132 new individuals will be diagnosed with it each day. The good news is that it can often be found early in its development, through a simple, painless, and quick screening. Your mouth is one of your body’s most important early warning systems. An oral cancer screening with early detection could save your life! Schedule an appointment for your FREE screening at today!
Guns and Hoses Charity Event – April 14th
- North Oaks will be sponsoring this amazing event. An annual charity hockey game in which the Royal Oak Police & Royal Oak Firefighters face off! This year we will play for 8-year-old Will DeMeritt and the DeMeritt Family of Lake Orion.
- Will DeMeritt is an energetic, 8-year-old boy from Lake Orion. Like any other 3rd grader, Will enjoys the sportsmanship and independence of sports; especially gymnastics. Will has also been deaf since birth and was diagnosed with Juvenile Diabetes in 2015. To have the same opportunity as any other child his age, Will requires interpreter services for American Sign Language, which costs a considerable amount to provide. Sadly, in 2017 the DeMeritt Family lost the financial assistance that made that possible. Your support is key to providing a new source of financial assistance for the DeMeritt Family in 2018 and beyond. All proceeds from the 2018 Guns & Hoses Charity Hockey Game will go directly to the DeMeritt Family. See here for more details:
Lion’s Club Trivia Night – April 14th
- This is a fundraiser to help families who are dealing with pediatric cancer and whose child is being treated at Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak. North Oaks will be supporting this cause by donating a Free Zoom basket to be raffled off! See here for more details: http://www.royaloaklionsclub.org/
BWN Luncheon (Business Women’s Network) -April 18th
- Join the Royal Oak Chamber’s BWN for a networking lunch. Contact the chamber for location details.
Change Your Smile, Change Your Life – Free Implant Seminar – April 24th
- Improve your health and quality of life with dental implants! Take back your confidence, eat all your favorite foods, and learn why dental implants are the standard of care for missing teeth. Join us at North Oaks Dental from 7pm – 9pm on April 14th to learn how implants can help bring back the confidence your smile can give you. Free appetizers and refreshments will be served. Seating is limited – Call today to register at 248-220-7021 or join our event on Facebook by clicking here.
Dr. Daboul Is Speaking at Gilda’s Club, Metro Detroit – April 28th
- Dr. Daboul is hosting a lecture on April 28th at 1:30pm at Gilda’s Club Metro Detroit. Dr. Daboul will be discussing the impact of chemo treatment on oral health.
Royal Oak Youth Assistance – April 30th
- North Oaks Dental will sponsor and attend the Youth Recognition Event on April 30th. This is an annual Spring event that recognizes and honors local young people who have volunteered their time and talent to the community. Nominations come from school, private citizens, police and fire department, or anyone who has been helped by a young person.
This month we will be donating to the following community Organizations:
Spring Bash 2018 Affirmations
International Lion’s Club Trivia Night
Swing into Spring Dinner & Auction
Royal Oak Nature Society 13th Annual Fundraiser
Lunch payoff program for Clawson Schools
March 2018 Involvement
- Rock the Veil Bridal Show North Oaks attended the Rock the Veil bridal show on March 1st. We had the
pleasure of speaking with brides about options for creating their perfect smile for their wedding day, from whitening
to implants to Invisalign!
- Helen Kaller Elementary School 10th Annual Silent Auction to benefit PTA – Helen Keller Elementary School PTA will host our tenth annual Silent Auction to benefit the PTA on March 2. The Silent Auction will be teamed with the International Fun and Food Festival (IFFF), the Spring Raffle, and the Children’s Raffle. The building will open its doors to more than 500 guests from the school and the surrounding community for entertainment, games, crafts, prizes, and a tasting room- all with an international theme. North Oaks will be donating a FREE Zoom teeth whitening basket and a children’s dental health bag!
- Royal Oak Women’s Club – North Oaks Dental will be joining the Royal Oak Women’s Club. Throughout the year, the ROWC hosts and participates in different events to both raise money for charitable causes and to celebrate the special privilege of working together with our members as volunteers. We are excited to get involved!
- St Maryfest Auction – St. Mary Catholic School hosts its annual auction, its largest fundraiser, on March 10. North Oaks Dental will donate a Free Zoom teeth whitening!
- St Patty’s Day Parade – We are so excited to participate in the Royal Oak St. Patty’s Day Parade! Our staff will walk in the parade while passing out green toothbrushes! Hope to see you there!
- Royal Oak Senior Center Lunch & learn – On March 13, Dr. Daboul will be hosting a Lunch & Learn at the Royal Oak Senior Center. The topic will be “Change your smile, change your life.” Seniors will learn about implants, links between systemic diseases and your oral health, and much more!
- Rotary Club YES Auction – Royal Oak Rotary’s YES Auction is on March 17. Proceeds raised at the auction go towards scholarships for high school seniors, contributions to Blessings in a Backpack, Salvation Army, YMCA, Boys & Girls Club and other youth-related organizations. North Oaks will donate a Free Zoom teeth whitening gift basket to be raffled off.
- Join us at the Business Women’s Network (BWN) Luncheon on March 21st at ***Waiting for location and speaker
- (BWN) on March 21st at Mirepoix Royal Oak for a discussion with Beamont Hospital about women’s health
- Magna Powertrain Lunch ‘N Learn – On March 23rd, Dr. Daboul will host a lunch & learn at Magna Powertrain. A premier supplier for the global automotive industry. Dr. Daboul will discuss everything you need to know about dental implants & how to straighten your teeth with clear aligners.