Need A New Dentist? Schedule Your Appointment Today!248-712-1522
Dr. Daboul graduated from the University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry, not too far from our Royal Oak, MI dentist office. Not long after beginning his dental career, he knew he would like to give something back to his community.Dr. Alvin Daboul on Community Involvement Read Transcript
We're gonna continue doing that and it brings a lot of joy to us. It gives us a chance to give back to the community that we're serving our patients in.
At North Oaks Dental, we view our community as just an extension of our family. So whether we’re supplying goodie bags for the homeless or donating teeth cleanings for a high school raffle, we always want to give back to the community that has been so good to us.
For example, we’ve partnered with an organization called Teen Clean Closet to donate toothbrushes, toothpaste, and other dental hygiene items to local young people whose families are in need. It is important to care for your teeth at all ages, but young adults especially benefit from having beautiful, healthy smiles.
Below are some other examples of our community sponsorship:
- Huntington Woods Fire Department
- Vista Maria’s Dolly Drive
- Friends of Foster Kids
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service
- American Cancer Society Walk/Run
As his practice has grown, Dr. Daboul’s desire has always been to create a giving, caring environment people would want to be part of. Over the years, he has built a staff with the same kind of foundational values. In fact, these values have become our practice’s motto: “Our Family, Caring for Yours.”
Trust your smile to a caring, community-driven dentist. Call North Oaks Dental today at 248-712-1522.
May 2018 Involvement
Join our Kid’s Club for a chance to win a NEW BICYCLE!!
Stop in to pick up your FREE kid’s dental pack (includes, brushing chart, toothbrush, paste, floss, dental goodies, education, activity sheets, stickers and more.)
We focus on preventative care and education so that your kids have a healthy smile for a lifetime!
Have your child fill out the chart each morning and night when they brush. Bring in their chart at the end of the month in exchange for a raffle ticket. Your child will be entered into a drawing to win a NEW BICYCLE! Winners will be announced on Friday, June 1st. (Brushing charts must be turned in by 5/31/2018 for a chance to win.) Good luck!
April 2018 Involvement
April is Oral Cancer Awareness Month - In honor of Oral Cancer Awareness Month, North Oaks Dental will be offering free oral cancer screenings during the month of April. Oral cancer is not a rare disease. Approximately 49,750 people will be diagnosed with oral cancer every year in the US. It kills one person every hour of every day, and approximately 132 new individuals will be diagnosed with it each day. The good news is that it can often be found early in its development, through a simple, painless, and quick screening. Your mouth is one of your body’s most important early warning systems. An oral cancer screening with early detection could save your life! Schedule an appointment for your FREE screening at today!
Guns and Hoses Charity Event – April 14th
- North Oaks will be sponsoring this amazing event. An annual charity hockey game in which the Royal Oak Police & Royal Oak Firefighters face off! This year we will play for 8-year-old Will DeMeritt and the DeMeritt Family of Lake Orion.
- Will DeMeritt is an energetic, 8-year-old boy from Lake Orion. Like any other 3rd grader, Will enjoys the sportsmanship and independence of sports; especially gymnastics. Will has also been deaf since birth and was diagnosed with Juvenile Diabetes in 2015. To have the same opportunity as any other child his age, Will requires interpreter services for American Sign Language, which costs a considerable amount to provide. Sadly, in 2017 the DeMeritt Family lost the financial assistance that made that possible. Your support is key to providing a new source of financial assistance for the DeMeritt Family in 2018 and beyond. All proceeds from the 2018 Guns & Hoses Charity Hockey Game will go directly to the DeMeritt Family. See here for more details:
Lion’s Club Trivia Night – April 14th
- This is a fundraiser to help families who are dealing with pediatric cancer and whose child is being treated at Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak. North Oaks will be supporting this cause by donating a Free Zoom basket to be raffled off! See here for more details: http://www.royaloaklionsclub.org/
BWN Luncheon (Business Women’s Network) -April 18th
- Join the Royal Oak Chamber’s BWN for a networking lunch. Contact the chamber for location details.
Change Your Smile, Change Your Life – Free Implant Seminar – April 24th
- Improve your health and quality of life with dental implants! Take back your confidence, eat all your favorite foods, and learn why dental implants are the standard of care for missing teeth. Join us at North Oaks Dental from 7pm – 9pm on April 14th to learn how implants can help bring back the confidence your smile can give you. Free appetizers and refreshments will be served. Seating is limited – Call today to register at 248-712-1522 or join our event on Facebook by clicking here.
Dr. Daboul Is Speaking at Gilda’s Club, Metro Detroit – April 28th
- Dr. Daboul is hosting a lecture on April 28th at 1:30pm at Gilda’s Club Metro Detroit. Dr. Daboul will be discussing the impact of chemo treatment on oral health.
Royal Oak Youth Assistance – April 30th
- North Oaks Dental will sponsor and attend the Youth Recognition Event on April 30th. This is an annual Spring event that recognizes and honors local young people who have volunteered their time and talent to the community. Nominations come from school, private citizens, police and fire department, or anyone who has been helped by a young person.
This month we will be donating to the following community Organizations:
Spring Bash 2018 Affirmations
International Lion’s Club Trivia Night
Swing into Spring Dinner & Auction
Royal Oak Nature Society 13th Annual Fundraiser
Lunch payoff program for Clawson Schools
March 2018 Involvement
- Rock the Veil Bridal Show North Oaks attended the Rock the Veil bridal show on March 1st. We had the
pleasure of speaking with brides about options for creating their perfect smile for their wedding day, from whitening
to implants to Invisalign!
- Helen Kaller Elementary School 10th Annual Silent Auction to benefit PTA – Helen Keller Elementary School PTA will host our tenth annual Silent Auction to benefit the PTA on March 2. The Silent Auction will be teamed with the International Fun and Food Festival (IFFF), the Spring Raffle, and the Children’s Raffle. The building will open its doors to more than 500 guests from the school and the surrounding community for entertainment, games, crafts, prizes, and a tasting room- all with an international theme. North Oaks will be donating a FREE Zoom teeth whitening basket and a children’s dental health bag!
- Royal Oak Women’s Club – North Oaks Dental will be joining the Royal Oak Women’s Club. Throughout the year, the ROWC hosts and participates in different events to both raise money for charitable causes and to celebrate the special privilege of working together with our members as volunteers. We are excited to get involved!
- St Maryfest Auction - St. Mary Catholic School hosts its annual auction, its largest fundraiser, on March 10. North Oaks Dental will donate a Free Zoom teeth whitening!
- St Patty’s Day Parade – We are so excited to participate in the Royal Oak St. Patty’s Day Parade! Our staff will walk in the parade while passing out green toothbrushes! Hope to see you there!
- Royal Oak Senior Center Lunch & learn – On March 13, Dr. Daboul will be hosting a Lunch & Learn at the Royal Oak Senior Center. The topic will be “Change your smile, change your life.” Seniors will learn about implants, links between systemic diseases and your oral health, and much more!
- Rotary Club YES Auction – Royal Oak Rotary’s YES Auction is on March 17. Proceeds raised at the auction go towards scholarships for high school seniors, contributions to Blessings in a Backpack, Salvation Army, YMCA, Boys & Girls Club and other youth-related organizations. North Oaks will donate a Free Zoom teeth whitening gift basket to be raffled off.
- Join us at the Business Women’s Network (BWN) Luncheon on March 21st at ***Waiting for location and speaker
- (BWN) on March 21st at Mirepoix Royal Oak for a discussion with Beamont Hospital about women’s health
- Magna Powertrain Lunch ‘N Learn – On March 23rd, Dr. Daboul will host a lunch & learn at Magna Powertrain. A premier supplier for the global automotive industry. Dr. Daboul will discuss everything you need to know about dental implants & how to straighten your teeth with clear aligners.