Happy Valentine’s Day from the team at North Oaks Dental. We are delighted that you found time to visit our online home today. We’d also LOVE to see your smiling face in one of our comfortable chairs sometime soon.
In case you didn’t know, our physical office is located on Rochester Road, close to the intersection of East 13 Mile Road. As it happens, we’re just around the corner from Oak Ridge Elementary School, which makes it really easy for those families to get all the preventive dental care they’ll need to keep smiling throughout the school year and beyond.
You see, visiting our Royal Oak, MI dentists for regular dental exams and professional teeth cleanings is an important piece of a patient’s ongoing dental health care, and overall health care too. But what happens at home is also a big deal. We have seen firsthand how the thoughtful hygiene habits formed as a youngster will set a person up for dental success as the years go by.
That’s why, all through the month of February, we are going to be on the road visiting plenty of other schools in the area with the goal of helping more and more students grasp the significance of maintaining excellent oral health through every stage of life. Don’t worry, you can still get a live person when you call 248-712-1522 to schedule your next appointment. We won’t all be gone!
As part of this push for increased wellness among the youth of our community, we are partnering with America’s Toothfairy and Teen Clean Closet to provide oral hygiene products to thousands of students throughout Metro Detroit, at no cost to them. Plus, as part of the program, we’ll be delivering playful yet engaging information about:
- The roles of a dentist and a dental hygienist and how they differ
- So-called Sugar Bugs and how to implement a special kind of “pest control”
- The tools and technologies in use at a modern dentist’s office
- The number of teeth (in a child’s mouth and a grown-up’s mouth)
- The names of teeth (i.e. molars, Larry, incisors, and Bob)
- Minimum number of times to brush and floss each day (there is no maximum)
- The difference between plaque and tartar and how both are dangerous
- Healthy food choices vs. not-so-healthy ones
All you have to do to get involved (or request an appointment) is call North Oaks Dental in Royal Oak, MI at 248-712-1522 or contact us online ASAP! We’ll do our part to keep every member of your family smiling big for many years to come.