Are you thinking about straightening your teeth? You have probably searched high and low for the best orthodontic options and rates. At North Oaks Dental in Royal Oak MI, we have board-certified orthodontists who can help you decide the best treatment option for the best possible results.
There are a ton of options out there to choose from, and now we are seeing a new trend in at-home direct orthodontic aligners. These are companies that base your entire treatment off of at-home molds. The treatment is marketed as much cheaper than traditional orthodontics.
The treatment might be cheaper, but there are a number of things to consider when decided to straightening your teeth. North Oaks Dental offers two orthodontic treatments: conventional braces and Invisalign. Today we want to discuss the risk you might be taking with these at-home orthodontic companies. To receive great professional care, call us today at 248-712-1522 to book your visit
The disadvantages of at-home direct orthodontics
Partnering with an online orthodontic service may save you time and money right now, but you might not receive the results you’re expecting. Here are some reasons these services cause us to raise our eyebrows.
- Take-home molding kits — Orthodontic treatment is based entirely on molds or digital scans. Whichever it is, the results need to be perfect. There is little margin of error during this step. To make sure your impressions are perfect, it’s best to keep it in the hands of a dental professional.
- No dedicated professional — Direct orthodontic companies do not have a dedicated dental professional for every patient, so if you have a concern, you might be stuck staying on hold with customer service.
- Skipped dental visits — If you’re undergoing any treatment, it’s important to maintain your dental visits. This allows us to track the progress and make sure the teeth and gums are healthy. Direct orthodontic companies don’t require this, which can put your gums or teeth at risk.
The beauty of elite orthodontic care
For optimal results in a safe environment, it’s best to visit a dental office. North Oaks Dental has two highly trained board-certified orthodontists who can treat patients of any age and alignment issue. At-home orthodontic companies may not be able to treat severe orthodontic issues, but our office can. Our office is using state-of-the-art technology to give you a healthier, straighter smile whether we’ve using Invisalign or braces. We even are offering patients a $1000 discount and FREE consultation for our braces.
Here’s what straight teeth can do for you:
- Better-looking smile — This is most obvious benefit of orthodontic care
- Healthy smile — Straight teeth are easier to clean and reduce the risk of tooth decay or gum disease
- Less risk of tooth damage — An imbalanced bite can put pressure on certain teeth and increase the risk of tooth chips or fractures.
- Less pain — Orthodontics can balance the bite, alleviating pressure from your gums, teeth, and jaw.
Visit Our Office Today
The path to a better smile can start today with a visit to our Royal Oak MI dental office. It’s important to have a professional handle your dental care. Give us a call today 248-712-1522 to schedule an appointment.