According to the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, over 3 million people have dental implants and they continue to increase in popularity. There are numerous benefits to choosing dental implants as your tooth restoration in Royal Oak, MI, whether you have lost one or more teeth or need to have an entire row of teeth replaced. Keep reading, and then call 248-712-1522 for a consultation at North Oaks Dental.
The benefits of restoring your smile with dental implants include:
- Improved appearance
- Improved speech
- Improved comfort
- Easier eating and drinking
- Improved self-confidence
- Improved oral health
But to make the most out of your dental implants and ensure you can truly take advantage of all the benefits a dental implant has to offer, you want to do whatever you can to take good care of them.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Our team plays a vital role in making sure your dental implants are well taken care of. But between visits, the maintenance and care of your dental implants is your responsibility. To give your implants the best chance of lasting for years to come, read through the following tips on how to care for dental implants at home.
If You Have A Single Dental Implant…
If you had a tooth replaced by a single dental implant, consider the following tips for providing optimal care at home:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with a soft-bristle toothbrush
- Use a low-abrasive toothpaste
- Brush under and around the implant crown
- Use an interdental brush coated in nylon to clean the harder-to-reach spaces of your mouth
- Floss daily with floss specifically designed to be used with implants
- Ask us about the oral irrigators we recommend
If You Have Implant-Supported Dentures…
If you have several dental implants that support your dentures, consider the following steps to ensure your implants are properly cared for:
- Remove your denture daily and soak it in an appropriate cleaner for the recommended time
- Thoroughly inspect each part of your implants, including attachments, so you can be sure to notice if a part goes missing
- Gently brush all parts of your denture with a denture brush
- Rinse your denture with water before placing it back in your mouth
- During your next visit to our office, ask us about how often parts of your implants or dentures need to be replaced
Learn More About Caring for Dental Implants
If you haven’t yet, call our Royal Oak dental office to schedule your next checkup and cleaning. Seeing Dr. Daboul or one of our dental assistants every six months is essential to maintaining the health of your implants and your oral health overall. It also allows us to spot any issues before they become more serious problems and prevent some problems from occurring in the first place.
Call North Oaks Dental today at 248-712-1522 to schedule an appointment. We will get you scheduled for a visit as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.