We hope this letter finds you and your family in good oral health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. And we are thrilled to be an open dentist in Royal Oak, MI, ready to serve you. We wanted to tell you that you can request an appointment at any point, and you can keep reading this post to hear more about our precautionary measures in these trying times.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
As always, our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointment will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We ask that you please bring in a mask with you to your appointment or cover your mouth with a scarf. If you do not have a mask we will provide one.
- We will ask you to rinse with 1% hydrogen peroxide twice for 30 seconds and wash your hands for 30 seconds when entering the operatory room.
- We also ask you to refrain from touching your mouth, we know it can be difficult in the operatory room with the doctor asking you about your teeth. If you do end up touching your mouth, we will ask you to wash your hand for 30 seconds.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice during checkup exams. To make an appointment, please call our office at 248-712-1522.
Thank you for being our patient.
North Oaks Dental