Cosmetic dentistry is often a big step, one that can require a significant amount of time and/or money, depending on the problems you are trying to solve.
Wouldn’t it be great if you could “try out” a new look before investing your time and money? You can, thanks to Snap-On Smile®, a removable appliance that fits snugly over your own teeth. It allows you to get a good idea of whether you want to invest in a more permanent smile fix. You may even like it so much, you decide to keep it as a more long-term solution!
It’s also affordable enough that you can wear Snap-On Smile after a tooth extraction or a dental implant placement while you wait for your mouth to heal. So you won’t have a gap in your smile before you get your final restoration.
How do you know if Snap-On Smile is right for you? Our Royal Oak, MI dentists are happy to discuss it with you during a consultation. They can also review other possible smile solutions with you, so you can make an informed decision on which one is best for you. Call 248-712-1522 to make an appointment.
We Answer Some Snap-On Smile FAQs
What is it made of? The Snap-On Smile appliance is made of a thin but sturdy resin that mimics the look of an arch of natural teeth. You can wear it over your upper or lower teeth.
Who makes it? The lightweight appliance is manufactured by the same company that makes a variety of other dental products, including Lumineers veneers.
How do I get it? Our dentists take careful impressions of your teeth, discuss shade and shape options with you, then send the information to the special lab where the product is made. You’ll return to our office for a fitting, where we’ll ensure you’re happy with your smile and make any needed adjustments. We’ll also show you how to insert it and how to care for it.
How long will it last? With proper care, the appliance should last several years. You can expect it to last about as long as partial dentures or a night guard worn for problems like teeth grinding. It includes a one-year warranty that covers issues with material and workmanship. You can also choose to purchase an extended warranty.
How do I take care of it? To clean it, you soak it in a special solution for about 15 minutes a day. You’ll also put a drop of antibiotic solution into each “pocket” of the appliance before you insert it.
Can anyone wear it? Snap-On Smile will work well for most folks. Notable exceptions: those who are prone to gum disease, those with protruding front teeth, and those who lack enough tooth structure to support the appliance.
Snap-On Smile Pros
Among its advantages:
- Unlike many cosmetic dental treatments, it is totally reversible. We won’t modify your teeth at all to prepare them for the appliance.
- It won’t affect your diet. Other than gum and very sticky foods, it’s fine to wear Snap-On Smile while you eat and drink.
- It saves you both time and money when compared to treatments like Invisalign, dental implants, or dental veneers.
- It can conceal numerous cosmetic flaws, including crooked teeth, crowded teeth, stained teeth, worn-down teeth, and gaps.
- It’s more comfortable than partial dentures.
Snap-On Smile Cons
Possible disadvantages include:
- It’s not designed to be a permanent solution. It won’t actually straighten your crooked teeth or replace missing teeth. For a lasting fix, you’ll need to talk to our dentists about options like Invisalign or dental implants.
- You’ll need a special cleaning solution, which you can purchase from dentists. Regular toothpaste and denture cleaners may damage the appliance.
- It doesn’t require special treatment, but to avoid breakage you’ll want to be careful when inserting and removing it. You should keep it in a case when not wearing it.
We’ll review Snap-On Smile pros and cons with you in our Royal Oak, MI dentist office and answers any questions you might have! Call 248-712-1522 to book an appointment and find out more.